Monday, February 6, 2012

Lot's of things.....

It has really been a long time since I posted anything on my blog. I guess in some ways that is good, because I think it means that I am busy doing lots of stuff. I will try and share a few of the things that have been sucking up my time, but first I would like to give a big congratulations to all my fellow Sony interns and all of the Arthur Christmas crew at Imageworks for the Golden Globe nomination. Here is a picture that I found while I was flipping through animation magazine the other day. Nice job guys! It really means a lot to me that the first film I worked on is getting such worldwide acclaim.



In other news, Elijah Wood was on campus the other day. I attended his Q&A about acting and film. He talked about his work on Lord of the Rings, and Wilfred among many other things. He was really laid back, and a lot of fun to talk too. I got to meet him and I photobombed my hat right onto his head in this picture. He was totally into it and he said (and I quote)......."Oh, F*** yeah, dude!" I laughed, and here is the result.



I have been logging hours upon hours upon hours into my (thesis) short film. For anyone who does not already know, I am approaching the end of production on a two minute short animated film. It has been an amazing experience to make, and I have enjoyed every minute of it......for the most part. It is really rewarding to see it all come together, and I am excited to be able to share it with the world in a few months. I think the lighting is finally starting to come together, but since I cannot post any of the progress online (due to film festival restrictions), you will have to take my word for it. We recently had Dreamworks here to sit in on our lighting critiques. I was really happy with the outcome, and got some great feedback from the faculty and visiting artist. For the week leading up to critiques, we had late labs until 3 am. This picture was taken at about 2:45 AM . It is impressive how dedicated all the senior animators are here at Ringling. There are some great films in production, and I cannot wait to see how they all turn out.




A few weekends ago, I took a trip to the Sarasota big cat habitat sanctuary. It is a shelter for rescued lions, tigers, ligers, and other large beasts. It was so cool to see so many big cats up close. It is a happy place to be, because all the animals are safe, and healthy. Here is a picture of one of the giant white tigers. Clearly, he still enjoys his circus routine. It is almost unreal to see the scale of a tiger like that next to one of the puny little trainers.




I drew a bit with Sharon while I was there. I am trying to get back into keeping a sketchbook since I have been doing so much digital work lately. Here are a few of the drawings.













I have been taking an intermediate figure class this semester. I really love figure drawing but I have been feeling a bit rusty lately in the life drawing department. The first few weeks were pretty rough for me, as it has been almost two years since I have done any serious figure drawing. I almost forgot what to do with that little black stick of burnt twig that you press against the white slice of tree and drag around for a while. Anyway, I feel like the rust is finally starting to fall off a little. Here are a few drawings that I saw some life in.










Hopefully that was enjoyable to read/view. I will try to post more soon, but lets face it.....most likely I wont post again until after thesis. The next few months include thesis deadline April 1st, recruiting season, commencement, and more, so good luck catching a glimpse of me at any time during these months. Hope everyone is well. Take care for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment